The Bible of Digitalisation
The Bible is believed to be one of the most popular books on the planet. It is believed among general populations that the bible includes history, hands-on advice, and prediction of the future.
This is just a humble god fearing an attempt to describe digitalization with structure from the bible in order to help gods people to digitalize successfully and avoid falling in the hands of the evil while doing it.
Analogue — relating to or using signals or information represented by a continuously variable physical quantity such as spatial position, voltage, etc.
Digital — (of signals or data) expressed as series of the digits 0 and 1, typically represented by values of a physical quantity such as voltage or magnetic polarization.
Digital Era — mid 20th Century until the beginning of the 21st century. It starts with the first useful representation of data represented in digital form.
Virtual Era — beginning of the 21st Century. It starts with the first useful attempt of virtualization in the real-life environment.
Old Testament(Digital Era)
The Garden of Eden(Genesis)
The vision of the early futurists was that people will only enjoy themselves while computers and robots will conduct all the work.
Ten Decalogue of Digitalisation — Ten Commandments (Exodus)
- You shall always start digitalization from the scratch
- You shall always stay pragmatic — there is no one fit all solution
- You shall not underestimate digitalization
- Keep your business goals holy
- Honor good praxis and good producers
- You shall not try to stop other/competing business digitalization efforts
- You shall not use/copy competitor's business processes
- You shall not steal IPR
- You should not criticize your competitor’s digitalization efforts
- You shall not covet the competitor's solutions — your business is unique.
In the first futurist books and movies, the digital era was pictured as the era in which every family will have a robot as a servant. The family will supposedly enjoy time together and robots will do all the work(at work and at home).
Assuming microprocessor manufacturers can continue to live up to Moore’s Law, the processing power of our computers should double every two years.
AI will be capable of surpassing men in every form of intelligence in the near future.
The inanimate world will be able to sens and measure everything in the near future.
George Orwell in his book 1984 prophesized the curse of badly implemented digitalization resulting in total decay of men in a society managed by corrupted technocrats that will stop evolution and accelerate total degeneration.
New Testament(Virtual Era)
The gospel goes that digitalization alone should solve all our problems as individuals and as a society. Sensor and actuators together with video surveillance combined with big data servers and AI will improve our life, economy, ecology. People, corporations, and countries should invest heavily in digitalization — digitalization is starvation.
Only digitalization with divine guidance — including but not limited to completely re-engineered processes and differently organized society, based on values not on valuables can be beneficial to the people.
The seven deadly sins of digitalization
- Don’t digitalize your processed just so you can brag you are fully digitalize
- Don’t digitalize everything just for the sake of digitalization
- Don’t digitalize just for the sake of having more
- Don’t digitalize just to avoid work
- Don’t digitalize just to because you don’t like the work or the process
- Don’t digitalize your processes because you envy digitalization success to your competitors
- Don’t be so proud of your initial digitalization success to stop constant innovation (evolution)
Digitalization will benefit men only if it is implemented correctly. New processes and new praxis have to be established. Only men with high moral standards should be in charge of digitalization.